Tuesday 17 March 2015

Forest Forest Run Run

Ah... another super AdventureLisa's Forest Run this past Saturday. I had a very intense and busy week pre-race with tagging the route and getting ready for the marshals and runners. That said, an intense and busy week at Lakenvlei, walking through the forest and sleeping in a log cabin, beats a cool and calm day behind a computer any day!


With assistance from a wonderful team of forest fairies and elves as my marshals and route sweepers, the day went very smoothly. Conditions began cool and misty and warmed up during the day. I couldn't have planned it better.

Photographs from the race are out on the Forest Run Facebook, taken by my friends Maggi and Marcel (Sigg Digital). They beautifully capture the spirit of the forest and the runners and the event. Definitely take a look.

This is the newsletter that I sent out yesterday with results and some fun stuff.

The date for Forest Run next year will probably be Saturday, 12 March 2016. I hope to see you there.

With Robyn

With Peter, the blue fairy. He stole the show

With winners: Maz's husband, Maz Moore ("Coffin Dodger"), Magretha Wang (women's 30km), Naas Janse van Rensburg (men's 30km), me and Lorraine Boshoff (women's 60km)

With old friends Ian and Allison (brother and sister running together - very sweet) and Tracey
With my regular running buddy, Jason. This was his second 60km at Forest Run.

With Celliers - forest fairy and elf

No comments: