Monday 24 March 2014

FEAT 2014 - date and venue confirmed

I don't think of myself as a procrastinator but just as some people need event goals towards which to train, so I sometimes need fixtures to work towards. Deadlines.

Over the past few weeks I've been assessing venues for FEAT this year. I need something bigger and ideally I need a venue where it will be possible for me to get a date next year and the next and the next. A place where FEAT can settle down and where the event has room for growth.

Linder has long been on my list of viable options and last month I began discussions with them to look at dates and rates. I visited the venue to assess the stage and screen and sound and lighting - to see what else I need to bring in to make the venue work.

I'm delighted to have scored a gap in their calendar and FEAT will be on Thursday, 2 October 2014 at the Linder Auditorium in Parktown, Jo'burg.

It's a big venue so diarise now and remember to bring your friends along too!

Now that the date and venue are anchored, the real work starts with sponsors, marketing, speakers, artwork and aiming to pull together a bunch of ideas I have that will really improve the event.

No comments: